The Computer Packages Patent Management System for corporations and law firms is the best tool on the market for the management of patent portfolios. Logical formats and built-in verifications provide for easy and accurate deadline management, data entry, searching and reporting.
Click here to see New Features of the Computer Packages Patent and Trademark Management Systems.
Real Time Patent System
Our unique electronic patent office data delivery service significantly improves patent management. Patent office data for your cases is delivered to you for over 100 countries.
- Added safety of USPTO, EPO and PCT due dates using patent office due dates. Downloaded due dates reduce risk of missing an office action.
- Real time receipt by you of patent data which you can instantly forward to attorneys and clients.
- The system links to patent office sites for ease of viewing claims, drawings, etc. by the entire patent staff.
- You can add additional cases for watching (competitors patents). You will learn about changes concerning their patents before they do.
The following reports are available to you in our Real Time Service without data entry. Data is delivered to you from USPTO and EPO web sites.
- Examiner Index
- Group Art Unit Index
- Confirmation Number Index
- Class/Subclass Index
- Transaction History
- Available Documents List
- Continuity Data
- Applicant Index
- Inventor Index
- Representative Index
- International Class Index
- Examination Procedure
- Opponent Index
- PCT Publication Number Index
- PCT Application Number Index
- Priority Number Index
- National Number Correlation List
- Responsible Dept. Index
- IPC Class Index
- SPC Index by SPC Number
- ICID Code Index
- Classification Code Index
- Address for Service Index
- EPO Representative Index
- Examination Requested Index
- Address for Service & EPO Representative Change Index
WebLinks greatly increases the value of your Patent Management System by giving you direct access from the case on your PMS screen to the same case at the patent office web site. This increases the amount of information available to you without keying. Simplicity of use is a feature, just one click on the Web Link button connects you to the same case at the patent office web site that you have on the screen of your system. You view more complete and current data than available in your system.
Information Disclosure Module
Our optional IDS Module has the following benefits:
- Less Cost. References can be downloaded directly from electronic patent office sites. This significantly reduce the tedious job of entering and maintaining your list of citations. The module auto-populates references within the database for single application or related matters.
- Document Generation. The module provides reporting functions to efficiently prepare IDS filing requirements.
Automatic Deadline Calculation
Deadlines are calculated automatically based on the prosecution dates for each patent and the country and type of filing. The system is programmed with the required deadlines in each country. You may also program your own automated deadlines and reminders.
Search on any field or combination of fields in each form in the database.
The systems include pre-defined reports with multiple sort, selection criteria and printing options. Users may also design reports to their exact specifications.
Generate forms and letters containing information entered into your Patent Management System. These documents can be generated as MS Word or Word Perfect® merge documents. The system will keep a history of all documents generated for each case.
Image and Document Linking
Hyperlink to an unlimited number of images and files for each Patent record. Each image associated with a case may be previewed from that case and printed on reports. Users may also link to any file associated with a patent and open that document in its native application.
Integration with the Computer Packages Patent Annuity Payment Service
Clients of Computer Packages' Patent Annuity Payment Service may use the Computer Packages Patent Management System to communicate changes in their patent portfolio to the Annuity Service.
Unique on-screen due date report of upcoming actions. It can be customized per user and set as the user’s home page. Users can now easily enter on-screen remarks pertaining to specific actions due.
Improved Quick Email
Automatically populates custom-defined email templates with data from your CPI system. Images and documents can be easily attached to emails sent.